EP 74 // Reflections for Conscious Leaders
Taking time to reflect is essential to being a conscious leader and moving forward effectively. In this episode, your host Akua dives deeper into how founders and leaders can reflect, what specifically to consider when reflecting, and how to make the most of the people around them who can help get them to the next level.
If you're wondering how to use reflection to surround yourself with inspiration, innovation, and the best people, this episode is for you. Akua talks about diversity and inclusion, how to create an environment of psychological safety at work, and why hiring people with differing personalities, beliefs, and experiences is key.
Importantly, listeners will discover how to take their reflection sessions (or "headspace sessions") and make them actionable in the workplace.
Highlights in this episode:
- It's essential for leaders and founders to create time to reflect on how they will do things differently moving forward.
- Conscious leaders recognize their biases and build systems and processes to check themselves. They recognize that diversity challenges them and helps them grow.
- Learn the three dimensions of diversity all conscious leaders should reflect on and what to keep in mind when it comes to making the most of your team.
- Get an actionable 3-step process to make it easier to engage and share with your team and create a psychologically safe work environment.
- Akua shares her Power of Introductions philosophy and how it can help keep you from making assumptions about co-workers.
If you've enjoyed the Open Door Conversations podcast, please leave a review. When you do, you'll receive Akua's 15-minute Thought Leadership LinkedIn Checklist.* It's the routine she has used to build social wealth and relationships on LinkedIn that have directly contributed to her ability to impact so many leaders around the world.
*Be sure to screenshot your review after submitting it, share it on social media, and tag Akua!
Leave a comment