Corporate Culture and Wellness: Finding Common Ground (Part III)
"Female leaders are exceptional at breaking barriers and leading the way, but often at a cost. I speak from personal experience when I say that prioritizing our health is essential. We push ourselves to be examples, to break generational cycles, but we must remember not to neglect our own well-being. Let's make the necessary changes before it's too late, taking charge of our health, our decisions, and ultimately, how they impact every aspect of our lives.
--Dr Alex Rosa, Functional Medicine Practitioner
Last Friday, I had the pleasure of hosting an enlightening discussion with Dr. Alex Rosa, a practitioner of functional medicine. Our conversation centered around the intriguing connection between corporate culture and wellness.
Our conversation covered a wide array of thought-provoking questions and compelling topics:
- What is functional medicine, and how does it work? Dr. Rosa defines the term and explains how she finds functional medicine interesting because it addresses the root cause of health issues instead of just treating symptoms.[Listen at 4:05]
- The importance of self-leadership and self-mastery - Dr. Rosa addresses the need for women to prioritize their own health and make conscious decisions that impact their lives, careers, and families.[Listen at 6:34]
- The importance of consistency in health - She explains why it is important to stay consistent and how lack of consistency can lead to health issues and hinder progress in areas like weight loss or managing blood pressure [Listen at 14:50]
- How to condense your year into 12 weeks - Dr. Rosa breaks down how the 12-week year condenses a year's worth of progress into 12 weeks and emphasizes breaking it down further into weekly actionable goals.[Listen at 20:29]
- The dimensions of wellness and the importance of spiritual health - Dr. Rosa breaks down the S.P.I.C.E framework. (Spiritual Health, Physical Health, Insight, Career, Emotional Health). [Listen at 36:02]
P.S. Find out how you, as a busy leader, can find time to pause to reflect on what lights you up, gives you purpose, and ignites your passion. Discover the 6-step framework for achieving peak performance in both your personal and professional life using the Thoughtfully Fit® method. Listen to my latest podcast episode here.
P.P.S. Ready to be more visible as a leader? Join my next workshop focused on self-promotion. Register to secure your seat here.