LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT ACROSS THE WORLD🌎: Building Leaders of all Levels and Ages
… Leadership can be either bad or good. You can be effective at leading people to certain aims, but we want good leadership. Good leadership is leading people towards a goal that has a common benefit.
– Segun Olagunju, Social impact educator and Leadership development guide.
A few days ago, I had a very interesting conversation with Segun Olagunju about leadership development across the world, the core elements of successful leadership, building leaders across all levels and ages, and much more.
Here are five questions Segun answered during the course of our conversation:
- Is there anything unique about African leadership? Segun answers the question and shares his definitions of good leadership and toxic leadership. [Listen at 8:22]
- What are the different types of leadership styles? Segun talks about the difference between leadership skills and developing the leader [Listen at 12:18]
- What are some of the core elements of a successful leadership program? Segun shares his perspective [Listen at 22:31]
- What is the difference between ‘guiding’ and coaching? Segun defines both terms and shares his personal experiences. [Listen at 28:55]
- How do we instill confidence and build leadership skills in young Africans? Segun shares his advice with young aspiring African leaders [Listen at 57:34]
Is leadership the same everywhere? Let us know your thoughts below 👇🏽
P.S. Are you a leader who wants to increase their influence and impact? Akua speaks on ‘The Inner Game in Leadership’ in her latest podcast episode. Listen here
P.P.S. Ready to be more visible as a leader? Join my next workshop focused on self-promotion next week. Register to secure your seat here.