EP 81 // The Inner Game in Leadership
This episode is for leaders who want to have a big impact - and who doesn’t? This is the last in a series about the first of three steps in Akua’s leadership approach: cultivating self-awareness.
Despite what some might think, effective leadership is not only about performance and delivery, or what the sports world would call the “outer game .”Conscious leaders know that self-awareness and mindset, or “inner game,” are just as important and really affect every aspect of their leadership and its impact.
Today Akua looks at leadership through the lens of the “inner game approach,” an idea introduced through a book by Timothy Gallway called The Inner Game of Tennis, the Classic Guide to the Mental Side of Peak Performance. She’ll talk about the methodology and how it perfectly applies to the business world and how you can use it to increase your influence and leadership impact.
Highlights in this episode:
- There are three dimensions to the inner game, awareness, alertness, and focus.
- Like sports, leadership starts on the inside; you can lose before you even set foot on the court or boardroom if you’re not in the right frame of mind.
- Business is full of paradoxes, tensions, and dualities. When you get conflicting information about leadership, remember there is no one “right way” to be.
- Find out how a leadership coach can guide you in getting your inner game into peak performance mode.
Links Mentioned In This Episode:
- Ep 71: Learn about Akua’s 3-Step Leadership Framework
- Episode 79: Leadership is Influence
Leave a comment