Ep 35 // #AskAkua The best Time To Get Feedback
In this episode of #AskAkua, Akua covers the importance of feedback and how leaders can benefit from opening themselves up to getting and receiving it. Feedback is essential for growth but it's also one of the most challenging things to solicit and act on. Maybe you've been resisting or ignoring feedback because you don't know how to process it or feel overwhelmed by it.
Whatever the reason is, Akua will help you better understand and leverage feedback, and also provide actionable tips on what you can do to make the most of it, especially when it's difficult to hear.
So if you're ready to get feedback, stay open, and take action, then this episode is for you!
Highlights from the episode:
- Identify key moments when to give and receive feedback
- Responding constructively to criticism so that you can learn and grow
- Keep in mind the people who could potentially support you in your career journey
- Why using templates for reference letters and recommendations can be helpful
- What you can do if a person you ask feedback from says, "no?"
- How can you make sure that the time spent coaching pays off for both the client and yourself
- Why you should leverage technology to get feedback more effectively
- The internal and external factors that go into thinking about getting feedback
- How referrals can play an important role in your career development
Want to start taking action and leverage your career journey or story that you have, and show up beyond your business, office, team, or department? Join my waitlist to be part of the next cohort of my program, Uplevel for Thought Leaders, where I teach you how to leverage LinkedIn.
- Blog Post: My Year In Review Practice
- Blog Post: Check in With Your Goals Now
- YouTube: Dear Leader are you Afraid of Feedback?
- What is Coaching? (10)
- Monthly Updates (12)
- Resources (9)
- Mindset (8)
- Self-Awareness (25)
- Engagement (7)
- Expectations (14)
- Status Quo (10)
- Leadership (5)
- Overhelm (13)
- Firefighting (12)
- Productivity (18)
- People (2)
- Emotional Intelligence (6)
- Performance (11)
- Stereotypes (1)
- Career (4)
- Business (16)
- 20/20 Vision (13)
- Programs (1)
- Weekly Updates (22)
- Podcast (45)
- Interviews (2)