EP 83 // Angel Investor Tomi Davies' Focus on Find, Fund & Follow
If you're interested in learning about a framework that can bring your vision, business, or startup to life, you don't want to miss this episode. It is jam-packed with actionable advice from Tomi Davie (T.D.), who was named one of the 100 Most Influential Africans of 2021 by New African Magazine.
Harry ‘Tomi Davies (TD) is Collaborator-in-Chief (CiC)’ at TVC Labs, an entrepreneurship support organization in Lagos, Nigeria which he founded. TD is the co-founder of the Lagos Angel Network (LAN), founding President of the African Business Angel Network (ABAN), and Board Member of the Global Business Angels Network (GBAN).
His personal goal is simple to ‘Find, Fund & Follow’ African startup founders that are using technology-enabled innovation to create economic value and social impact on the continent. In December 2021, TD was named as one of the ‘100 Most Influential Africans of 2021’ by New African Magazine.
T.D.'s mission in life is to find, fund, and follow. He is an angel investor, author, public speaker, and a systems analyst turned tech strategy advisor. He is the founder and Collaborator-in-Chief of TDC Labs, an entrepreneur support organization in Lagos, Nigeria.
Akua and T.D. discuss his newest book, Investment Worthy Startup, which he wrote to help founders and investors build successful startups.
Highlights in this episode:
- T.D. explains why supporting innovative startups creates both economic value and social impact.
- Learn about the POEM framework to build a startup, which consists of Proposition, Organisation, Economics, and Milestones.
- Learn the three key differences between startups and SMEs.
- Founders - find out what angel investors are listening for when you pitch them and how to present yourself in the process.
- Realize that your team doesn't all start in the same place, even though you're all aiming for the same goal. Each member needs something different to achieve the end goal. It's your job to find an aggregate place to meet before you start your journey, so you can all go farther together.
If you've enjoyed the Open Door Conversations podcast, please leave a review. When you do, you'll receive Akua's 15-minute Thought Leadership LinkedIn Checklist.* It's the routine she has used to build social wealth and relationships on LinkedIn that have directly contributed to her ability to impact so many leaders around the world.
*Be sure to screenshot your review after submitting it, share it on social media, and tag Akua!
Links Mentioned In This Episode:
Connect with 'Tomi Davies:
Leave a comment