Ep 58 // The Three Things ALL Successful Executive & Leadership Coaches Must Master
Find out the three top issues that coaches and consultants face when starting their businesses and why it’s important to master them to be a successful executive and leadership coach!
If you are interested in starting or growing your own coaching or consulting practice or want to find out how to get clients consistently, you don’t want to miss this episode.
Leadership and Executive Coach Akua Nyame-Mensah comes to you from the business side of her coaching business to reveal the results of a survey of accomplished professionals who are either new coaches or considering becoming a coach.
She also invites new and aspiring coaches to become Beta members of her new coaching container. There you will find new approaches to solving the roadblocks facing coaches, receive support and accountability in achieving your goals, and gain access to experts and content that will be game-changing in growing your coaching business.
Highlights in this episode:
- Akua describes the reasoning behind her survey and who participated.
- Akua’s background is a classically trained International Coaching Federation Coach, but she acknowledges there are many ways to become a coach.
- Respondents were most concerned about how to find paying clients.
- Akua stresses that even if you are a coach “in training,” you still provide value - don’t undercharge!
- Because many coaches are heart-centered, it’s a common mistake not to think about our coaching from a business perspective, and it can be challenging to get accountability.
- Akua talks about the importance of boundaries and separating yourself from your coaching business.
- Understand why it’s important to create a repeatable process that can evolve over time when it comes to your coaching business.
- In coaching and consulting, it’s important to know where to spend time and energy. Some invest more time in training rather than attracting clients.
- Having a process and a schedule is important to make sure you get the rest you need.
- With so many coaching tools, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. It’s important to surround yourself with many coaches and learn from their experiences and which tools worked for them.
- Successful executive and leadership coaches are able to focus on the problem they are trying to solve.
- Find out about Akua’s coaching container she aims to co-create with other coaches.
A note from Akua: Enjoy this podcast content and guests. These are the kinds of conversations (and amazing humans) we will have in my new community and container. If you are an action-oriented and accomplished professional who is pivoting into service-based entrepreneurship and are ready to get out of theory and into practice, join my waitlist to cut through the noise and get to the money here: www.akuanm.com/cheatcode