Ep 53 // #AskAkua - Listen to This if You are Thinking About Investing in a Professional Coach
Leaders, CEOs, and founders who have benefited from great coaching know how powerful it can be in setting and achieving goals, so it's natural to want to recreate the experience for your team. But is hiring an external, professional coach a good investment for all employees?
On today's #AskAkua episode of the Open Door Conversations Podcast, certified executive and leadership coach Akua will answer this common question in depth so you can make the best decision when it comes to supporting your team. This is part 1 in a 3 part series that dives into Akua's perspective on coaching and what you can expect (and not expect) from working with a coach.
Akua believes everyone deserves a great coach and that anyone can benefit from coaching tools and techniques (almost immediately), but that does not mean everyone will necessarily benefit from a coach. In this episode, you'll learn why and how to pinpoint your employees' needs and support them best.
Finally, you'll get a list of helpful questions to help identify if a coach is the right fit for your employees or yourself!
Highlights from This Episode:
- There are many types and definitions of coaching; Akua defines hers based on the International Coaching Federation. She also explains what coaching is NOT.
- In order to benefit from coaching, you must be able to reflect and take action.
- Learn how Akua leverages coaching around helping you set and plan goals.
- Coachability is the ability to accept feedback and try to improve.
- Akua talks about how to recognize which employees are and are not coachable.
- Identify the best way to support your team members and why investing in outside coaching probably isn't the best choice.
- Coaching is based on relationships, so a coach that works for you may not be right for someone else.
- Why imposing coaching on someone is not productive.
- Learn what to ask when looking for the right coach for you or your team.
If you are interested in working with a certified executive and leadership coach, Akua would love to hear from you. She works with overwhelmed, entrepreneurial-minded leaders to help them increase productivity, improve performance and profitability, and, most importantly, build better relationships with their people.