Ep 43 // AskAkua - For Reluctant Networkers
It’s another “Ask Akua” episode on the Open Door Conversations podcast! In this episode, Akua answers two great questions about networking and gives helpful strategies for business leaders, managers, and founders to help you build your important relationships in person and online.
To be successful in business, one of the most important things to learn is relationship building. But as a reluctant networker herself, Akua knows what it’s like to have a bit of anxiety around the topic. Whether you do most of your networking online or need some tips on how not to be a wallflower at your next in-person business networking event, this episode is for you.
For example, inviting a friend or colleague to attend an in-person networking function with you is a great way to compound your reach and ease anxiety, and following up with those who engage with your online content can create useful connections and genuine relationships. Akua will go into detail about these and several other networking strategies so you can forge ahead with confidence.
Highlights in this Episode:
- Akua describes how building relationships in business was one of the key skills she had to learn when she first built her online business.
- What is the way to make the most of in-person networking events for a reluctant networker?
- When networking in person, it’s important to be intentional with your networking strategy. Who do you want to meet? What do you want to accomplish?
- How to be physically and mentally comfortable when attending a networking event.
- Why business cards are still Akua’s preferred way of giving out information at a networking function.
- Learn how to revise your elevator pitch to be ready for your networking event.
- Akua describes how to network online without letting it take over your life.
- Ways to follow up on likes and comments without feeling spammy.
- Find out Akua’s SUPER easy tip to help you boost engagement online.
- Why you shouldn’t take the “lurkers” (those who read but don’t engage with your content) for granted.
Do you have a question for Akua? Submit it here: Submit your question HERE
- What is Coaching? (10)
- Monthly Updates (12)
- Resources (9)
- Mindset (8)
- Self-Awareness (25)
- Engagement (7)
- Expectations (14)
- Status Quo (10)
- Leadership (5)
- Overhelm (13)
- Firefighting (12)
- Productivity (18)
- People (2)
- Emotional Intelligence (6)
- Performance (11)
- Stereotypes (1)
- Career (4)
- Business (17)
- 20/20 Vision (13)
- Programs (1)
- Weekly Updates (22)
- Podcast (51)
- Interviews (2)