Ep 33 // My Windy Journey: Career Transitions
Storytime! Last weekend Akua had someone approach her and ask if she supported career transitions. And first and foremost – yes! She loves supporting leaders by creating a safe space to reflect on where they are and where they want to go.
In today's episode on the Open Door Conversations podcast, Akua shares her windy journey – her career transitions and what she kept in mind about why she made the decisions she did. Akua is chatting about her experience working in the corporate world. She shares her time as an entrepreneur and how she eventually found her way into coaching. Akua gets real on the fears and doubts she faced in each of these transitions and how she used them as fuel to keep going.
So if you're thinking about making a career change, or if you're just curious about what's possible, this episode is for you!
Highlights from the episode:
- How to gain insight into your current career and whether its the right fit for you
- Akua shares her top tips for making a career transition – including getting clear on your values and what's important to you, doing your research, and staying open to possibilities.
- The important questions you need to ask yourself include self-love and self-care check-ins to make sure you're on the right path.
- The importance of putting yourself out there and connecting with others during your journey to make new connections and find opportunities
- Keeping in mind that everyone's journey is different and there is no one right path to follow
- Why challenges can be a sign that you're on the right track (and how to work with them when they come up)
- Comparing yourself to others is unproductive – focus on your unique journey and what's important to you.
- Finding an inspiring quote or mantra to keep you going during difficult times
Special Announcement: Want to start taking action and leverage your career journey or story that you have and show up beyond your business, office, team, or department? Join the waitlist to be part of the next cohort in her program, Uplevel for Thought Leaders, where Akua teaches you how to leverage LinkedIn.