EP 10 // Building a Business With a Romantic Partner Featuring Oluwasoga and Genevieve Oni
Thank you for joining the Open Door Conversations Podcast for more leadership support. Today we cover building a business with a romantic partner and co-founders. If you are interested in being a founder or you work closely with another leader, this episode is for you. Akua interviews 2 company founders, Oluwasoga and Genevieve, about how they began their business, what has helped them find success, and what their goals are for the future. They give insight into what it takes to run a business with a significant other and how to scale your idea into a company.
MDaaS Global started as an idea in one of Oluwasoga's MIT courses. Since launching the company his life partner, Genevieve, and two other co-founders have joined. Their medical equipment distribution business started in Nigeria and has plans to support people throughout Africa. MDaaS Global works to fill the gaps in healthcare by increasing access to high-quality and affordable healthcare. These founders have successfully pivoted their company several times, and in this episode, they share their thoughts on what has helped them reach their goals. Oluwasoga and Genevieve give entrepreneurial advice and share their passion for the company's mission to help others.
Listen, Follow, Review, and Rate the Open Door Conversations Podcast
What's Covered in this Episode About Business Operations
- How to set boundaries
- How to embrace change in your business
- How to scale a business in a sustainable way
- How to build a team with roles that work best for you
Quotes from this Episode of Open Door Conversations
- "We want to be a by the end of the year, one of the top three diagnostic chains, country tree." - Soga Oni
- "Setting boundaries is really hard, I think not just for co founders that are also life partners, but for any one who's had experience starting a company." - Genevieve Oni
- "I want to piggyback. So I want to do a lot more mentorship type things, particularly in the healthcare space where there's not as many intrapreneurs that are doing as well as the index space." - Soga Oni
Get to Know this Episode's Guest
- MDaaS Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mdaasglobal/
- MDaaS Twitter: https://twitter.com/mdaasglobal?lang=en
- MDaaS Global Website: https://www.mdaas.io/
- Genevieve's LinkedIn
- Oluwasoga's LinkedIn
Get to Know the Host of the Open Door Conversations Podcast
Learn more about your host, Akua Nyame-Mensah.
Akua is a certified executive and leadership coach, recognized learning and organizational development facilitator, speaker, and former startup executive.
Since 2018, she has had the opportunity to partner with amazing organizations, from high-growth startups to multinational brands all around the world, to maximize people, performance, and profit. Outside of her coaching and corporate speaking engagements, she is a regular mentor, coach, and judge for various entrepreneurship-focused organizations.
Stay in touch with Akua Nyame-Mensah, Leadership & Culture Advisor:
Read about Akua’s services if you’d like to learn more about how you can hire her to help you strengthen your organization’s culture.
Complete her contact form to jump on a call.