EP 07 // How to Use Anger As a Teacher with Seryna Myers
Today's open-door conversation is with Seryna Myers. Seryna Myers is a Sacred Transformation Coach, Author of Sacred Anger, and Professional Speaker. Her divinely guided coaching guides recovering people pleasers to explore what they need and how they really feel (including uncomfortable emotions like anger) and what they really want so they can give themselves radical permission to claim it all.
Seryna's personal and professional commitment to exploring the shadow side of lightwork in safe and sacred spaces is what makes her coaching programs have a deep and lasting impact. Her free guide: 3 Easy Steps to Pursue Your Purpose, is available at seryna.ca/purpose.
This episode is for anyone who has felt anger, big or small. Seryna and Akua discuss how to leverage that feeling and use it as a tool to helps us learn lessons. Although anger can feel consuming, it is important to have strategies in place so that when anger presents itself, there is a process for working through it and learning from it. When we choose to skip over the processing step, our anger often comes back to visit again and again until we recognize it, sit with it, and ultimately learn from it.
Listen, Follow, Review, and Rate the Open Door Conversations Podcast
What's Covered in this Episode About Emotional Wellbeing
- How to use anger as a teacher
- How to use anger to further discover your identity and purpose
- How to create a support system for yourself so you are ready to process emotion
- Different tools and practices for observing and processing your emotions
- The ultimate beginner's guide to rituals and routines for emotional well being
Quotes from this Episode of Open Door Conversations
- "Anger will be seen as a teacher, as something that is experienced not as an identity, not as something to fear." - Seryna Myers
- "I think the first thing you're going to want to do is be willing to be uncomfortable. Because this is not something that you're used to doing. It's not something you've been trained to do." - Seryna Myers
- "I personally love to work with fire in the full moon. So I'll have your little candle I write down on pieces of paper, specifically, what I want to release one piece of paper at a time taking with burning this paper, I release myself of x, and I set it on fire safely." - Seryna Myers
- "By doing the release work, we really open up we create the beautiful fertile field to plant those seeds of intention in in the first place." - Seryna Myers
Get to Know this Episode's Guest
YouTube: @Seryna Myers
Book - Sacred Anger - Seryna Myers - Transformation Coach + Spiritual Mentor
Get to Know the Host of the Open Door Conversations Podcast
Learn more about your host, Akua Nyame-Mensah.
Akua is a certified executive and leadership coach, recognized learning and organizational development facilitator, speaker, and former startup executive.
Since 2018, she has had the opportunity to partner with amazing organizations, from high-growth startups to multinational brands all around the world, to maximize people, performance, and profit. Outside of her coaching and corporate speaking engagements, she is a regular mentor, coach, and judge for various entrepreneurship-focused organizations.
Stay in touch with Akua Nyame-Mensah, Leadership & Culture Advisor:
Read about Akua’s services if you’d like to learn more about how you can hire her to help you strengthen your organization’s culture.
Complete her contact form to jump on a call.