EP 05 // Three Simple Steps to Become a Better Leader
You may be shocked to hear that 85% of employees are not actively engaged in their work. That’s correct, 85%! Today’s episode of the Open Door Conversations Podcast will focus on how leaders can understand their employees in order to unlock the success they are looking for. One person cannot build an entire empire on their own. We must invest genuinely into those we lead if we expect them to actively help us create and build the company we desire.
If you are feeling more like a business and team firefighter and less like an effective leader, then you are in the right place. In this episode, Akua reveals her 3 step process for building necessary employee engagement. By following this process and building a relationship with your team, they will be able to prosper and avoid dreaded burnout.
Highlights from the episode:
- 3 keys to increasing employee engagement
- Self-awareness and how to find it
- Building relationships with your team
- Developing communication and expectations with your team
- Burnout Quiz - are you on the road towards burnout? Dear 'Busy' Leader - Are You Teetering at the Edge?
- What Is Employee Engagement and How Do You Improve It? - How to Improve Employee Engagement in the Workplace
- What Self-Awareness Really Is (and How to Cultivate It) What Self-Awareness Really Is (and How to Cultivate It)
- 7 Free Tools to Cultivate Self-Awareness - I'm My Own Worst Enemy
Connect with Akua Nyame-Mensah:
LinkedIn: @Akua Nyame-Mensah
The Leadership productivity Quiz
Leave a comment