EP 79 // Leadership is Influence
Whether you work with two people or 2,000 people, influence is a key leadership skill. Some might even say influence is synonymous with leadership. In this episode, Akua helps you recognize the importance of leveraging your influence and the role of self-reflection and communication in the process.
This episode is for you if you're a first-time manager, an established leader, or just feeling invisible in your current work environment.
Listen as Akua dives into the four pillars of influence: power, emotions, acumen, and non-verbal signals/visuals. You'll learn about each and identify one pillar you may want to improve upon to take your leadership skills to the next level.
Highlights in this episode:
- Akua talks about the ways to increase your power, including being able to adapt, empathize, and be open to listening.
- Learn the difference between the power approach and the influence approach and why good leaders know when to use which.
- Strong leadership requires empathy; one way to practice is to cultivate your own self-awareness.
- To wield influence, one must be able to apply skills and knowledge effectively and in the right way, i.e., acumen.
- Realize you are always communicating, even if you're not talking.
Resources mentioned in the episode:
Leave a comment