Ep 72: The Importance of Liking Yourself with Financial Literacy Advocate Tosin Olaseinde
Personal finance guru, Oluwatosin "Tosin" Olaseinde talks about growing into her role as CEO, her growth as a leader and founder, and how it's okay not to have everything figured out.
Founder of financial literacy and investment platforms Money Africa and Ladda, Tosin aims to democratize access and means of wealth-building for the long term. Tosin is famous in the world of personal finance in Africa as she helps others build their knowledge about finances and build their wealth through smart investments.
In this episode, Tosin speaks with host Akua Nyame-Mensah about the lessons she's learned, how her keen self-awareness has benefitted her in business, and why liking yourself is so important.
Highlights in this episode:
- Tosin reflects on her recent accomplishments, including receiving an award from the Nigerian Stock Exchange for investor education and financial inclusion.
- Learn why acknowledging your strengths allows you to address weaknesses.
- The importance of setting up structures in your business so it can run without you.
- You don't have to have all the answers; it's okay to learn while doing.
- Find out about Tosin's background, including her work as a senior financial analyst with CNBC Africa (Lagos) and Bloomberg TV Africa.
- Learn the economic issues Tosin believes are important for leaders and founders to keep in mind in today's financial climate.
- How does Tosin make time to share her teachings and thoughts on social media?
- Tosin talks about her company's future plans, including releasing an app to educate children about money.
If you've enjoyed the Open Door Conversations podcast, please leave a review. When you do, you'll receive Akua's 15-minute Thought Leadership LinkedIn Checklist.* It's the routine she has used to expand her network and build relationships on LinkedIn that have directly contributed to her ability to impact many leaders worldwide.
Connect with Oluwatosin Olaseinde
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tosinmoneyafrica/