Ep 54 // Building an Empire while Having a 9-5 with Kuorkor Dzani
Kuorkor Dzani is a serial entrepreneur who has successfully started and grown several businesses while working a full-time day job. Today she joins Executive Leadership Coach Akua Nyame-Mensah to share the secrets of building capacity when you are working a 9 to five and tending a side hustle (or several!).
By day, Kuorkor works in Ghana for a local lender. But as someone who gets energy from new ideas, she has also found time to start businesses, including Twists & Locs, Indigo, Kiddie Med, and Joey the Brand. She has a passion for natural remedies and healthful living, and as founder of Ghana’s first natural hair salon, Kuorkor has changed the conversation around - and the landscape of - hair in Ghana.
Though she is very free-flowing when it comes to her personality, structure, and scheduling is the core of Kuorkor’s work life. Discover her other secrets on managing time and energy in this episode!
Highlights in This Episode:
- Kuorkor describes how the ideas for her businesses were born.
- Akua and Kuorkor talk about the rise in popularity of natural hair in Ghana.
- Kuorkor gives advice for entrepreneurs who want to start a business while working a 9 to 5, including how to hire the right people to help them.
- How to build trust when it comes to hiring others to help you in your business.
- Ways to separate yourself from your business by putting systems in place.
- How collaborating with your employees and allowing them to share ideas will boost morale and help them feel they have value to contribute.
- Learn a little about Kuorkor’s interests outside of her businesses and job.
Connect with Kuorkor Dzani: