Ep 37 // The Importance of Grit & Persistence with the Founder of ReelFruit Affiong Williams
Affiong Williams, the CEO and Founder of ReelFruit is an entrepreneur and leader who knows how to get things done. In this episode, she chats with Akua about her work and how she's been able to leverage her purpose to move forward. She shares her story of how she started as an entrepreneur in Nigeria and eventually created a successful business that is now impacting farmers on a larger scale.
She also talks about the importance of social media in her work and how she uses it to connect with her audience. This is an inspiring chat with a woman who is making a difference in the world. If you're looking for some motivation on how to grow a business, this is the episode for you!
Listen, Follow, Review, and Rate the Open Door Conversations Podcast
What's Covered in this Episode About Business Building
- Affiong Williams shares her story of how she became an entrepreneur and built a successful business in Nigeria
- Why she decided to focus on the agricultural value chain
- The challenges and opportunities of doing business in Nigeria
- How she is using her platform to empower other entrepreneurs
- What the future holds for her business and for Nigeria's agricultural industry
- The importance of purpose in business and in life
- Why social media can be a valuable tool for entrepreneurs
Quotes from this Episode of Open Door Conversations
- "I think the biggest lesson I've learned is just persistence. I think the entrepreneurial journey is one that is a marathon no matter what you're no matter what you're, you know where you are in what you're doing. And there has to be some staying power, especially in a country with so much macroeconomic turbulence like Nigeria." - Affiong Williams
- "My purpose is really geared around, you know, my life's work being around providing employment opportunities for people." - Affiong Williams
- "I always knew I could suffer more than others, and I could withstand more than others. And to be honest, I don't think there's anything if there's one quality that has gotten me to where I am today, it's that and you know, I'm glad that I was able to recognise that." - Affiong Williams
Get to Know this Episode's Guest
Get to Know the Host of the Open Door Conversations Podcast
Learn more about your host, Akua Nyame-Mensah.
Akua is a certified executive and leadership coach, recognized learning and organizational development facilitator, speaker, and former startup executive.
Since 2018, she has had the opportunity to partner with amazing organizations, from high-growth startups to multinational brands all around the world, to maximize people, performance, and profit. Outside of her coaching and corporate speaking engagements, she is a regular mentor, coach, and judge for various entrepreneurship-focused organizations.
Stay in touch with Akua Nyame-Mensah, Leadership & Culture Advisor:
Read about Akua’s services if you’d like to learn more about how you can hire her to help you strengthen your organization’s culture.
Complete her contact form to jump on a call.