Hello! I’m Akua Nyame-Mensah and I teach leaders how to clarify where they should focus their time and energy each day.
Do any of these statements resonate with you?
- I have a million balls in the air and I wake up at 4 am worried that I have missed something.
- I wear so many hats and if they drop I could lose my business or have to fire staff.
- I feel like I’m such a bad boss and that I’m ‘winging it.’
- I struggle to have a personal life and my health is being compromised because I cannot stop working.
- I can never take REAL time off. My phone always has to be on, and I end up feeling guilty if I don’t reply to emails.
- There is never time to be strategic, take a step back and I am still working on projects that should have been completed months ago.
If you did resonate with any of those statements, then imagine...
- You are in control and begin each day with a relevant to-do list and you know where to focus your time and energy.
- You know you are an excellent leader because you look forward to productive Monday meetings with your team.
- Wrapping up your day early is a common occurrence for you and you have abundant time to work on your growing business.
- You NEVER take work home and enjoy grabbing drinks or dinner with friends and loved ones regularly.
- You no longer have to choose between disappointing your partner by not making dinner and teaching your new HR Director how to use your existing payroll software.
- You are making progress in ALL areas of your life and business.
Are you ready to be a successful business owner, founder, or entrepreneur that has their sh*t together?
Let me introduce you to Leadership Coaching with Akua: A One-on-One- Coaching Program
We will connect on Zoom every 2 weeks for 6 sessions and go through the SEE-Better Method.
The SEE-Better Method is the framework that will take you from feeling like an overwhelmed fraud to an inspiring leader in control of their time.
One-on-One Coaching Will Help You:
- Create space on your calendar so you can properly train your team and still have time to join your friends for drinks after work.
- Never use your business as an excuse to miss your daughter's dance recital.
- Never have to pull an all nighter because you have your shit together.
- Always have time to effectively delegate and meet deadlines without any excuses.
How Does Coaching Work?
During our calls over Zoom we will be following my 3-step SEE-Better Method:
Step 1: Cultivate Self-Awareness
This step is all about identifying your personality and outlining your approach to productivity so you can lean into your abilities and can get more done with the time you decide to work.
Together we will:
Build your Leadership Blueprint by identifying your personality through a highly validated assessment.
Complete a Responsibility Inventory to determine where you are spending your time and energy.
Step 1 will help you go from...
Step 2: Simplify Engagement
This step is all about people and refining how you operate so you can effectively leverage your stakeholders to reduce team turnover, improve productivity and efficiency, retain customers at a higher rate, and make more profits.
Together we will:
Flesh out your Standard Operating Procedures to manage conflict and any challenges.
Use Conversation Principles and my Pre-Meeting Prep Method to increase your chance of creating win-win opportunities with stakeholders.
Use an Acknowledgement Matrix to learn what keeps you (and your team) moving forward so that you don’t burn out.
Step 2 will help you go from...
Step 3: Achieve & Exceed Expectations
This step is all about performance and will overhaul how you set and exceed your goals so you can trigger new behaviors, guide your focus and help you sustain the momentum we have built working together.
Together we will:
Use my Delegation Code so you can delegate effectively, and have the freedom and confidence to have a staycation.
Create a 90-day Master Plan so you know what you are doing every day of the week.
Step 3 will help you go from...
*I have an entire vault of additional tools and modules that I leverage with my one-on-one clients that includes:
Mapping Your Network
How to Find A Mentor
Linkedin for Thought Leadership
Time Tracker Study
360 Review Assessment
The SEE-Better Method is a proven framework that will help you go from overwhelmed to focused.
No longer “winging it” and beginning each day with a relevant to-do list directing your time and energy allowing you to become an inspiring and go-to thought leader that makes more money, builds a successful business, AND has a personal life that is rich, abundant and adventure-filled.
The investment for coaching is 4 monthly payments of $625 or a one-time payment of $2,479
Please Note: I get deeply immersed with my 1:1 clients and as a result, I only work with a few 1:1 clients at a time. Apply NOW so you will have a chance to increase your chance of being accepted to work with me.
Frequently Asked Questions
I Don’t Have Enough Time
I know you are busy...and that is kind of the point.
I know you are busy doing the wrong things.
I know you are busy…
...DISTRACTED and not focused on your priorities.
…NOT making the most of your team in your personal and professional life.
…WORRYING about missing an important deadline or project.
That is the problem. If nothing changes. Nothing changes. You are currently firefighting, stressed out, losing sleep, and feeling like a failure in your position. I get it. I know you can’t add anything else to your plate which is why this coaching program is designed to help take things off your plate. You will ONLY need to commit to attending our sessions and implementing your learnings. Each session will save hours every week for the rest of your career. During our sessions, we will work through your specific issues and challenges that will save you even more time. All of our sessions will also be recorded so you can re-watch them in your own time. You will need a total of 2 -3 hours a week during our engagement, depending on what you want to implement to go from overwhelmed to focused. This is not more work. This is the work.
I Don’t Have The Money
This is an essential business cost. If you run a business you have to invest in yourself. If there is no you, then there is no business. You cannot expect to get the best performance from yourself if you're not investing in overcoming the key issues that are stopping you succeeding.
Can you afford the costs of poor leadership?
Disengaged team, high employee turnover, low productivity, bad decisions, unhappy customers?
No, you can’t.
Great leaders create time to strategize on reducing costs, build new lines of revenue and hire the right people to improve customer satisfaction.
Great leaders can effectively navigate challenging times, respond rapidly in unpredictable business environments, and to world events.
Great leaders invest in their personal growth.
An overwhelmed manager will NEVER attract or retain high-performing and engaged employees or clients.
Is beginning each day with clear priorities and focus so you can become a great leader worth $2,479 to you?
It is probably worth a lot more. Thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of dollars in increased opportunities and real progress on your business goals.
If spending $2.5k to change the course of your business (and life) is not something that is aligned with you then it is going to be really difficult for you to excel.
If you doubt that you (and your work) are valuable enough to invest in, let me just tell you something I wish I was told many years ago when I first started and felt alone – asking for help is not a weakness, and your work AND you are worth it. Let me show you how you can save time, money, and resources.
I Can Do This Later
Can you do this later?
Your business is suffering every single day if you're operating at 50%. You simply cannot afford to wait as it is damaging your business, company morale, potential opportunities and profits. I want you to consider what impact putting this work off has on your business and career.
You cannot ride far on a deflated tire.
Now is the time to act! Not later when you’re even more overwhelmed, overworked and your team and business has suffered.
Also, I only work with a few 1:1 clients at a time and will not be offering coaching at this price forever.
I Don’t Know This Is the Right investment For Me Or My Business
You will have a great sense of the program by the time you read this page and complete the application process. Once you submit the form, my team will also let you know if you are a good fit or not. If you are still unsure, our Chemistry Call will give us each an opportunity to connect and see if we are a good fit.
Why Is It a 3-month Commitment?
Having structure is more effective than having one session or random sessions here and there. Having the 3-month commitment will give us an opportunity to plan out our engagement and have an agreed-upon coaching plan. In 3 months you will have time to cultivate your awareness, experiment with different approaches, and see results. You will have set times that you will be meeting with me which means you will not have to worry about creating time for our work and you will be held accountable for your progress. If you don’t know if you can commit to 6 sessions over 3 months, please do not apply for coaching with me.
I Don’t Consider Myself A “Leader” … Is That Ok?
Yes. I developed the SEE-Better Method with the ‘pre-leader’ (high achieving individual contributor who was reluctant to delegate) me in mind and everything I needed even BEFORE I got to a place of feeling confident in my ability to get things done and make the most of others. I have lived experience with overcoming feeling like a fraud and being unwilling to let go of control and get the support I needed to take my career and business to the next level. You might not feel like a leader or not have the leadership title yet but after working with me you will have all the tools you need to lead yourself AND others.
Why You Can No Longer Afford to Wait
- How long have you spent feeling like you are not in control of your time, energy, and resources?
- How many times have you caught your thinking that you are a ‘bad leader’ who doesn’t know where to focus or how to stop procrastinating?
- How many times have you seen a confident leader and thought “I wish I felt like them” or “I wish I was as good as them”?
- How many times have you looked at decisive leaders guiding their team and stakeholders with envy?
- How many things have you not done, how many opportunities have you missed, how many times have you said “yes” only to realize you have no time on your calendar?
Let’s Go from Overwhelmed to Focused Together
Hi! I haven’t introduced myself yet. In case you don’t know me, I am Akua Nyame-Mensah. I am an executive and leadership coach, facilitator, and speaker.
I have been supporting leaders for over 3 years now. I love being able to create a safe space for them to build their own approach to making the most of themselves, their work, and their life.
I am an International Coaching Federation (ICF) certified coach focused on supporting leaders to increase their productivity, improve their performance and build better relationships with their people.
My coaching experience started way before being trained in it. I spent over four years building an online platform and teams from the ground up for a high-growth start-up for the first African-based tech unicorn. I have always been involved in supporting others so they can make the most of their strengths and have seen first-hand how the right support can drive real results in a leader’s personal and professional life.
My coaching is a combination of 'traditional' coaching approaches with leadership psychology (I have a leadership-focused MBA), neuroscience, emotional intelligence research and sometimes I sprinkle in a few spiritual modalities.
When I first was given the opportunity to build a business I felt alone. I had no one I could turn to and trusted no one to support me. I felt like asking for help and taking breaks would make me look weak. It took nearly burning out twice to realize that I needed to shift my approach to not just working but my life.
I work to remind leaders that they are not alone. Let’s work on it together and overcome overwhelm which can make it difficult to ask for help and lead to burnout.
How it Works
- Complete the application form here. The form includes questions about where you are right now and what you want to get from coaching. It will take you 5-10 minutes to complete.
- Within 3 working days, my team will review your application and make a decision on whether we think you could be a good fit for coaching. We will then email you telling you:
- That we don’t think you’ll be a good fit OR
- We think you could be a good fit and we will send you a calendar to schedule a 30-minute chemistry call to confirm we will work well together
- You will pick a time for our 30-minute Zoom call. On the call, I will ask you follow-up questions and you will have time to ask any questions you have.
- At the end of our call, I will make a decision on whether I think I can support you. If you would like to proceed, the first session will be booked and your payment will be processed. If Akua doesn’t think you are a good fit she will refer you to other resources or service providers in her network.
Who we would love to work with
- Self-Motivated Business Owners who are tired of their lack of clarity and action.
- High-Growth Founders who want to transition from doing the work themselves to working through others to get things done.
- Ambitious Entrepreneurs who are ready to ask for help and clarify where they should focus their time and energy each day.
- Multi-Passionate Intrapreneurs who are so done with feeling disrespected and undervalued by their team and stakeholders.
Who we don’t want to work with
- Bullying Business Owners who blame their team and busyness for their lack of vision.
- Frantic Founders who think that their time is too valuable for reflection and to coach their team.
- Erratic Entrepreneurs who prefer winging it and taking unorganized action because they refuse to create time to plan.
- Idle Intrapreneurs who don’t want to do the work and keep putting off their dreams.
If you think you are a good fit, then click the button below and apply for coaching.
You have two options:
- Stay overwhelmed: You can absolutely toss and turn some more trying to figure out everything on your own with no guidance, training, or support.
- Take control of your success: You can join the ONLY program that supports leaders with this transition through a step-by-step process to end overwhelm and find your focus to achieve your goals. Be the leader that has their shit together.
Select Option 2? Congratulations, click the button below and apply for coaching.
Please note: Leadership Coaching is not a replacement for traditional therapy or health advice. It is not intended to be used by someone with acute burnout or with severe mental illness. If you need medical support, please see your doctor or mental health care professional